TUNE IN EVERY WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR #WESTSIDERIDAHREPORT 5PM PACIFIC-2AM PACIFIC/8PM-5AM EASTERN
Instead of highlighting some artists and some albums, we are shouting out 8 albums that dropped this week in Hip Hop History.
- September 13, 1988 by Sire Records .. ICE T, “Power”. Put together at Syndicate Studios with DJ Evil E, Ice T, and Africa Islam. Well known for the album cover with his girlfriend at the time Darlene holding a shotgun, This album had classics most notably “Im Your Pusher”, where Ice T dissed Cool J.
- Eazy Duz it September 13, 1988 also… was originally released. The Debut Album for Eazy-E, nuff said. Boyz n da Hood, We Want Eazy, Eazy Duz It, Radio.. all classics.
- “Aint a Damn Thang Changed”, WC & the Maad Circle September 17th, 1991. The real G’s know this is a classic, Dress Code the single and video made noise.
- “Are You Experienced” Yomo & Maulkie dropped Sept 17, 1991. Conscious slept on album on Ruthlesss Records. Maulkie would go on to join the 2nd album for our next group..
- Da Lench Mob. Their debut album “Guerrillas in the Mist”. Produced by Ice Cube, featuring T-Bone, Shorty (RIP), and JDee who was recently free’d from prison.
- Sept 16, 1992.. Up in SF, RBL Posse dropped “A Lesson To Be Learned”. As described by the crew themselves, you take NWA + 415 + IMP and you get RBL Posse. Big hit was “Dont Give Me No Bammer Weed”… and word is new music is coming from the crew, of course minus the late Mr Cee who was apart of the group.
- “You Nasty”, by Too Short dropped Sept. 12 2000. His 12th album, featuring Kokane on Pimp Shit, and E-40 on Just like dope.
- Sept 16 1997. Based on a True Story by Mack 10. This album features Too Short, E40, Comrads, and Ice Cube. Only in CA, and Mack 10 Mack 10 are standouts.
Got songs from all these albums in the mix tonight and all week.
Post comments (0)